Monday, October 18, 2010

Kanye West - My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy[Banned Artwork]



Pretty crazy and creepy cover art huh? Give me your thoughts on it, here's mine[Comment on 2DopeBoyz]:

Original Post

Uhhh….I dnt wanna get too into this as much of you guys already have, but I dnt care if this looks like art in a gallery somewhere else it looks very unappealing or ugly to say the least. I mean I know it could probably be interpreted into to a way where it makes sense, but I thought the main purpose was to Appeal to the viewers.

Hit the jump for more


Basically the argument is like this: The album cover is a lion eating a zebra. Supporters go see he has to eat the zebra because he needs food for energy and Opposers are like the lion was very barbaric and violent. Im just saying that I know he wants to be abstract and make art but there are other ways to do that because this is just hideous no matter how much it does or doesn’t make sense. Also whoever said that the cover art and Title doesnt mean anything is just plain stupid, so you meant to tell me when you see 808s and heartbreaks you think to yourself this may be about Drug Dealing, Making it Rain, & Chevys??!? No you didnt; cover art and titles mean alot and thats why theres a ruckus. And people are going, what do you want? I would prefer he change the title to Good Ass Job and have the Dropout Bear in a business suit and have on reg. glasses with a tie and maybe running late or trying to catch a cab. Even though I know thats not gonna happen its something to think about. Im kinda worried wear Kanye’s heading man cause like someone said he used to be so uplifting making fun music but now theres this deeper darker connotations in his songs. But as long as his lyrical ability doesnt take any hits I’ll always be a fan, so for now Im out

PS: Just because its considered art doesnt make it good


Sound Off!

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo