Sunday, November 14, 2010

Can the real Chad please stand up!



Tennesee Titans[5-3] @ Miami Dolphins[4-4]
1:00 PM on CBS

So it seems that the Dolphins have finally wised up and they gave Chad Pennington the nod today. Honestly, I've never been a believer of Chad Henne even when the Analysts and announcers tried to force the idea that he was gonna be great or watever down my throat.I think we gave Chad Henne the reins to fast from the beginning, I mean in '09 when Pennington got hurt we didnt have a choice, but he didnt show me anything that determined that he should be the starter the next year.


Hit the jump for more
 

I always felt that we should get all we could out of Chad Penn before he was done. Cause actually Henne has a lot to learn still cause he still make stupid mistakes, bad reads, silly throws, etc. A lot of that Pennington can help with cause he's known as one of the smartest to ever play the position. Also lets look wat Chad Penn did for us, he ttook to the greatest turnaround in NFL history. From 1-15 [last in the league] to 11-5 [AFC East Champs]. He threw for a career high 3,653 yds, 19 TDs, and a QB rating of 97.4 and thats the 1st time those numbers have been reached since Dan Marino was slingin for Teal and Orange. Even though we lost to the Ravens in the 1st rd that didnt denote the MVP-type season he had. 


In 19 games as the Dolphins starting QB Chad Penn has: 4066 yds, 20 TDs, 68.2 Comp Rat., 86.9 QB rat., & 9 INTs on 550 attempts
Chad Henne[22 gms]: 4778 yds, 20 TDs, 62.15 Comp Rat., 76.7 QB rat., & 24 INTs on 728 attempts


And let me remind you that we were a run oriented team in '08 [Year of the WildCat] and we passed way more with Henne at QB and Henne has had Marshall something Pennington never had until today.


So today I hope you'r watchn today to see the QB position doe justice. And I know some people are like "he gotta another shoulder injury last season so he's most likely not the same" true but I think the Dolphins have been evaluating him since then and wouldnt play him unless they know he could endure theycontact inolved with playing. But I guess we'll see @ 1 pm today.  



0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo