Thursday, August 5, 2010

The Wall Street Journal weighs in on More About Nothing




Read Article Here

Here's what I had to say about the article and a commenter(one of my best):
"I agree with all the user comments and I disagree with the author of this post[Jozen Cummings] on how he is dismissing Attention Deficit as a lousy album. NEWSFLASH just because an album that doesn't sell as expected doesn't mean it's a bad album. AD is just as Wale as More About Nothing but people get their opinions swayed by album sales way too easily and also the economy is rough and you of all people should know how that goes. Also the way you attack Wale's so-called "puzzling attempt at spoken word" I call his attempt a home run and I'm not talking like A-Rod's 600th. I can't say I'm the biggest fan of Slam Poetry but I felt like Wale did that genre justice on this tape. Although I do agree that this tape is great and it gets the NO SKIP honors that most tapes don't get these days. And Also @QuaysaB I love your support for Wale but I don't agree with the way you come at Wayne when he has nothing to do with this article and I'm a fan of a Wayne not one of his blind-to-the-world groupies because I don't agree with everything he says or does and don't like all of his music but you can't say he isn't a good rapper when you look at him as a whole and you can't say he doesn't have some sick songs and sick punchlines. I'm just saying don't act like he killed Hip-Hop. And you're probably gonna reference "Real Hip-Hop/Rap" but I don't like that term because everything evolves with time because no one raps or talks about the same stuff as when Hip-Hop first started because by definition that is REAL HIP-HOP. I just feel that there are good and bad rappers, not a real or fake Hip-Hop, not gonna name any cause I think we have done this in our minds already, but a good rapper is someone who can push words together and give them meaning while flowing them into a body of words using unique rhyming patterns or sequences and a bad rapper is someone who can't quite do that. All in all I'm just saying there is no need to hate on Wayne because of the success he has and the lack thereof for others. With that being said I'm a huge Wale fan and Lil' Wayne Fan and if you like my opinion check my blog http://adayinthelifeofthefly.blogspot.com/" - Louis Taylored

0 comments:

Blogger Template by Clairvo